Divorce & Criminal Defense Lawyers in Stuart FL
Experienced former prosecutors—one a former Marine—protect client rights
When Thomas L. Colter completed his service in the U.S. Marine Corps and became an attorney, he kept his sense of fairness, fighting spirit, and motivation to defend those in his care. He also brought with him a philosophy that guides the law firm of Colter Law Group and benefits clients every day. Simply put, that philosophy is to build a powerful case and negotiate from a position of strength. This strategy often saves clients thousands of dollars and months or years of wasted time.
Long, drawn out court battles with uncertain outcomes are becoming a thing of the past
Former prosecutors and experienced trial lawyers, the firm's attorneys know when it is more productive to sit down at the negotiation table and when they must stand and fight. A strong settlement agreement spelling out exactly what the client receives ensures the best possible outcome while cutting down on excessive legal fees and lengthy trials—the firm's goal. However, if negotiation does not result in the desired outcome, Colter Law Group attorneys are ready to present a strong case at trial.
Stuart attorneys represent families, businesses and individuals
Families often face a combination of complex legal issues during divorce such as child custody (timesharing) and support, property settlement, business decisions, domestic violence and other criminal matters. The firm offers comprehensive legal services to families, and to businesses and individuals who require skilled representation in family law, divorce, business law, and criminal defense including DUI (driving under the influence), and vehicle accidents.
- Divorce. Divorce clients often experience emotional and complex issues such as custody and visitation (timesharing), child and spousal support (alimony), financial planning, and property division. While serving as strong advocates for the rights of clients, the Stuart divorce lawyers at Colter Law Group offer you experienced and compassionate guidance to resolve issues and design a divorce agreement enabling you to protect your family's future.
- Family law. In addition to divorce, there are many legal issues that impact the family. Colter Law Group's family law attorneys can help you adopt a child, enforce a child support agreement, prove paternity, create a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, modify child support, enforce a marital settlement agreement, form a domestic partnership, write a will or estate plan, and much more.
- Criminal defense. As former prosecutors, the Stuart criminal defense attorneys at Colter Law Group put that experience to work investigating each case thoroughly, regardless of the charges or allegations. Selecting your criminal defense lawyer may be the most important decision you make. Having an experienced, aggressive defense attorney on your side may mean the difference between a jail term and reduced or dismissed charges.
- DUI defense. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a serious and costly offense with each conviction carrying harsher penalties. Because of the harsh and costly penalties and pending suspension of your license, you should contact the criminal defense lawyers at Colter Law Group to represent you within ten days of your arrest—even for your first offense. The former prosecutors at Colter Law Group investigate the allegations thoroughly and develop a DUI defense on your behalf. Just because you are charged with DUI does not mean that you will be found guilty in a court of law. There are many defenses that may be available to you. Our initial consultation is free.
- Auto Accidents. If you or a loved one suffers a serious injury or loss of life due to the negligence or carelessness of another, it is important to consult with an experienced wrongful death and auto accident lawyer in Stuart, Florida immediately. The former prosecutors at Colter Law Group will investigate the accident and help you document all your expenses including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering to ensure you receive full and fair compensation. If your insurance claim does not result in an acceptable settlement offer, the firm is prepared to aggressively fight for your rightful compensation in court. Your initial consultation is free. Once your case is accepted, you pay no legal fees until your case is settled or you receive a monetary award from a lawsuit.
Put our strength to work for you
Colter Law Group aggressively advocates for clients' interests both in court and in settlement negotiations. Contact Colter Law Group online or call (772) 888-0883 for skilled legal representation in personal injury and auto accident cases, criminal defense, divorce, and business and family law in Stuart, Florida and the surrounding counties of Martin, Indian River, St. Lucie, and Okeechobee.